ABP Mantis Disruptor
Mantis is an ultra lightweight disposable disruptor that defeats Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) with consistent reliability. The lightweight equivalent of our class-leading Pigstick disruptor, Mantis is designed for applications where weight and ease of deployment are critical such as Special Forces operations.
- Compact and lightweight structure enables it to be used on small Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) with limited payload carrying capabilities, or on ROVs where multiple shot capability is required.
- Can be deployed manually or by ROVs to maximise operator flexibility
- The single-shot device is supplied ‘piston-in-place’ with a closure cap and breech – eliminating the possibility of mis-assembly
- The self-contained disruptor does not require cleaning or any ancillary kit – eliminating the need for armoury inspection or maintenance
- Uses same MoD approved cartridges as Pigstick, simplifying logistics and removing the need for further approval processes
- Barrel is chemically inert and stable over normal EOD operating temperatures for maximum reliability
- Constructed from precision-manufactured corrosion resistant materials developed in accordance with ABP’s IS09001 quality approval system
- Flaw detected and proofed during manufacture
- Main body length: 415mm, Diameter: 45mm, Weight: 800g (loaded)