Heavy Haul Bridges
The Acrow Bridge can be designed to handle heavy off highway trucks and machines. Some Acrow Bridge designs handled off road bottom dump trucks carrying a gross weight in excess of 210 tonnes.
The Acrow Bridge would be configured as either a typical Acrow Bridge “U” Frame cross-section (our most common cross-section) or as an Acrow Deck Type cross-section.
If it is the Acrow “U” Frame type there are choices of various widths ranging from 4.2 meters (13.7 ft.) up to 11 meters (36 ft.).
Sometimes greater widths are needed and the Acrow Deck Type Bridge is most suitable. This bridge utilizes standard Acrow panels to create a bridge suitable to carry some of the heaviest off-road vehicles. Acrow Deck Type Bridges are comprised of Acrow Panels arranged in rows underneath a timber deck. Due to the truss layout of this type of bridge, just about any bridge width can be achieved. The maximum span length is dependent upon the actual design vehicle weight and allowable depth below the road surface.
The Acrow Deck Type Bridge is assembled in truss bundles that are very manageable, light weight and easy to assemble. The number of bundles required for each bridge is determined by the bridge width.
The timber deck, which can either be supplied by Acrow or locally by the owner, varies in layout based on the design vehicle. The timber deck layout and design, along with the entire superstructure design will be performed by Acrow’s experienced team of engineers.
- 50 years of bridging experience
- full engineering design (professionally licensed engineers on staff)
- 100% inspection assuring the finest quality certified to ISO9001 and AISC
- creative, cost-effective solutions
- construction engineering advice
- Load tested
- made of steel construction and are hot-dipped zinc galvanized to minimize weathering
- cost effective whether permanently or temporarily installed
- quick and easy to erect with minimal labor
- adaptable and versatile
- constructed of modular components that are durable, and 100% reusable
- usually delivered from stock
- available for purchase, rental, or lease/purchase here